The term endoscopy was contrived by combining Greek prefix
endo - (within) and the verb skopein (to view or observe).
The word skopy is not merely to look at but to view with
a purpose, to observe with intent, to monitor.
Modern day gastrointestinal endoscope is a flexible instrument
which provides high quality video image making diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures in GI tract easier. Endosonography
is one of the most noteworthy advances in GI Endoscopy during
Non Surgical Treatment of Achalasia Cardia Salient
Investigations Carried out
- Variceal Hemorrhage: Band ligation and Intravariceal
- Non Variceal Hemorrhage: Haemostatic Treatment
like Injection Therapy and Argon-Plasma Coagulation.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pancreatits, Pancreatic Pseudocyst.
- Choledocholithiasis (Bile Duct Stones).
- Palliation of Esophageal Cancer: Metal Stenting.
- Benign Stricture Esophagus and Pylorus: Dilatation
and Enteral Stenting.
- Obstructive Jaundice: Plastic and Metal Stenting
of Periampullary Tumors and Perihilar Stricture.
- Liver Disease: acute and chronic liver Disease,
Liver abscess, Hepatocellar Carcinoma.
- Colonic Stricture: Enteral Stenting
- Peptic Ulcer and Reflux Esophagitis
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Flexible Sigmoidscopy
- Flexible Colonoscopy
- ERCP- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio
- Endoscopic Ultrasound- Radial
and Linear EUS
- Liver Biopsy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Biopsy of Upper
and Lower GI Tract.
- Fine needle aspiration cytology.
- Brush cytology.